Perlite is 100% natural siliceous volcanic mineral (amorphous volcanic glass), formed by the sudden cooling and solidification of volcanic ash, which traps crystalline water into its mass.
Expanded perlite is a lightweight soil conditioner, loosens clay soil, reduces caking, and improves drainage and aeration. Blend peat moss and perlite for custom soilless mix. Can be used to start seeds, propagate cuttings and store bulbs.
• Improves aeration & drainage.
• Makes moisture & nutrients readily available to plants.
• Has essentially neutral pH of 6.5 to 7.5.
• Sterile and free of weeds & diseases.
• Non-toxic, odourless etc.