Proptek sleeve and tray systems, new to Australia, are even more popular as growers overseas realise the very significant time and cost savings they provide.
Growers are turning from ‘loose fill’ to the Ellepot/Proptek system rapidly to avoid spiralling labour costs.
- Better quality roots – better quality plants
- Labour efficient through automation
- Cost effective – less soil than loose fill
- Exceptional growing environment
- Easy to ship
98 cell Tree & Forestry Propagation Tray for Deep 30mm Ellepot
An excellent propagation tray for automated, semi-automated and manual root-stock propagation nurseries. Suitable for any plant grown from seed or cutting, such as citrus, some fruit and nut trees and forestry. This tray is designed to hold 30mm inserts such as Ellepots. The height of the insert is optional, though we do recommend that the height doesn’t exceed the height of the tray by too much to help keep the insert stable for automation purposes. For manual operations, this does not pose an issue.
This tray will dry out quicker than a traditional setup. This means you should water less, but more often – which usually means a significant net saving on water. Exceptional quality and natural roots are created by air pruning by having minimal contact between the insert and the tray. It will fit onto most current benching systems.
The superior root system produced will establish better and support more top growth and calliper increase in the first year.
Offers minimum contact between tray & insert to allow for maximum air pruning & aeration
- Rigid design resulting in no bending when loaded
- Produces superior root system
- Injection moulded for long life and ideal for use with automation
- Accepts a 30mm wide, 100mm tall Ellepot
- Easy and quick to sterilize
- The tray features a ‘lug’ option to allow it to slide on ‘t’ rail benching
8 cell Sleeve & Tray Tree Propagation System For 100mm Ellepot
The flagship Ellepot/Proptek growing system: millions of sleeves have been sold to date and are producing exceptional results across California, the wider United States & the world. The 8 Cell Sleeve and Trays is our largest celled growing system and is designed to hold a 100mm Ellepot. The benching tray holds either 8 shallow (115mm) Ellepots or 8 sleeves that hold a deep (230mm) Ellepot. The sleeve slots easily into the tray and is easily lifted out manually or mechanically for grading and spacing etc. One of the key concepts with the Ellepot/Proptek system is how compatible with automation it is. Serious time and money efficiency savings can be made throughout the whole growing process, right from filling, to sorting & grading to shipping out of the door.
100mm is the perfect size for all fruit trees, landscape trees and all shrubs. If tighter spacing is not an issue, then our 15 Cell Sleeve and Tray system gets even more quality plants into the same amount of growing space. The Ellepot supports the growing media and holds it together whilst the roots are growing, meaning they can be moved or transplanted far sooner than in traditional systems. The sleeves support the plants in their early stages and stops them drying out too fast. The inserts are held in such a way that also allows enough air movement for great aeration and drainage and fantastic ‘air pruning’ of the root system.
Once the trees are grown to the desired size, the Ellepot insert can be removed, packaged and sent to the field or customer without any plastic leaving the nursery, helping to ensure trays never go missing. For more information on Sleeve and Tray growing environments click here. The tray comes in four versions: with feet, with lugs, with feet and lugs or the plain tray. Foot version allows the tray to be raised off the ground away from standing water to allow air to better flow around the base to help air pruning and reduce disease. The ‘lug’ option enables the tray to easily be guided on a ‘T’ rail benching system.
- 25×50 cm tray with 8 removable sleeves
- Injection moulded plastic for durability, long life and ease of carrying
- Widely used for fruit and nut trees
- Perfect container system for citrus propagation
- Ideal for mechanisation for both traditional nurseries & modern purpose built ones
- Sleeve holds a deep (230mm) 100mm diameter Ellepot
- Tray holds a shallow (115mm) 100mm diameter Ellepot
- Produces numerous natural roots and eliminates root circling
- Various tray versions available depending on nursery set up
- 8 Sleeves can be handled at once or lifted out individually
15 cell Sleeve & Tray Shrub & Tree Propagation System For 80mm Ellepot
The 15 Cell Sleeve and Trays is designed to hold an 80mm Ellepot. The benching tray holds either 15 shallow (100mm) Ellepots or 15 sleeves that hold a deep (200mm) Ellepot. The sleeve slots easily into the tray and is easily lifted out manually or mechanically for grading and spacing etc. 80mm is the perfect size for fruit trees such as apples and pears, grapes, landscape trees and all shrubs.